Workshop: Introduction to large format photography by David Tatnall
This workshop by David Tatnall is designed for people about to start in large format or people who have yet to buy a camera and want to see if large format is for them.
Topics covered include:
• Types and sizes of large format cameras.
• How to use a large format camera.
• How to load film holders.
• Focusing using a loupe.
• Choice of first lenses.
• Choice of tripod.
• Film choice and processing options for sheet film.
• Dealing with composing upside down & back to front.
Participants will get to use 4x5 cameras, and to make photographs using film that will be processed and contact printed on the day.
18 August 2017